03 October 2009

October Wind

I came to the realization today, that I love the weather in October. It is still 'hot' by most people's standards, but the air has changed, and there is a hint of fall. The mornings are cool and breezy, but not too cold. The afternoons are perfect. I just want to be outside and soak it all in.

It is a time of transition. A time of change. It is a season that seems to so represent my life as it has been for the past few years-maybe as it always will be. In constant motion. Up and down. The ending of one thing, blending into the beginning of the next.

******

A year ago, I was living in Bohumin. Spending my weekend with youth group visits, enjoying a real fall for the first time ever. Changing leaves. I was getting my visa, visiting friends in Slovakia, focused on ministry full time, learning another language.

Now I am living in Mesa. Working at a school, enjoying Arizona 'fall'. No Changing leaves. I work, visit my family, go to school, study, read, lead a Bible study for High School girls, try to still be a learner.

******

Little shifts here and there. Is it really so different? No...and Yes.

No comments: