02 October 2008

Proverbs 1:1-7
The Proverbs of Solomon son of David, king of Isreal:
for attaining wisdom and discipline;
for understanding words of insight;
for acquiring a disciplined and prudent life,
doing what is right and just and fair;
for giving prudence to the simple,
knowledge and discretion to the young-
let the wise listen and add to their learning,
and let the discerning get guidance-
for understanding proverbs and parables,
the sayings and riddles of the wise.
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge,
but fools despise wisdom and discipline.

Proverbs 2:1-6
My son, if you accept my words
and store up my commands within you,
turning your ear to wisdom
and applying your heart to understanding,
and if you call out for insight
and cry aloud for understanding,
and search for it as for hidden treasure,
then you will understand the fear of the LORD
and find the knowledge of God.
For the LORD gives wisdom, and from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.

So in my time here, God has been revealing a lot to me about himself and about me. He is showing me how to love, how to trust Him, how to be obedient, how to abide in Him, and how to live a full and abundant life. These things especially kicked my butt last week at fall conference. I think I left every session overwhelmed by the things God was showing me. Things I needed to repent of, and areas I needed to grow in. None of them are easy things and all of them will take time, but they are important and I did not want to merely hear the word and be challenged by it and not put it into practice. This has led to a challenging week. Learning to trust God means being faced with your doubts and questions about now and the future. Learning to love more means seeing everyone the way God sees them and loving people you don't naturally get along with. Learning to be more disciplined means being faithful in doing things even when you don't want to and may be tired. It means for now, it is not going to get easier but harder.

No comments: