24 June 2008

1 month

I have been here one month. A month goes by that fast. Some things stay the same, but many things change. I don’t know if I could tell all the ways that I have changed or stayed the same. I have had emails and phone calls about people who have said there is something different about me when I am here. And I am different. I am more myself here than anywhere else. Not because of the place, but because I am doing what God has called me to do. Not because I don’t have bad days or things aren’t difficult, because they are. But it’s different. I am at home here. Not that I don’t wish I could see my family every so often. But honestly it doesn’t feel any different than if I were living in Tucson. I am used to talking to them on the computer and phone and not seeing them in person. I am thankful for the 8 months I was able to live with them again, but I am ready to be here. I know I am not here permanently yet, but that is the direction I am moving. I don’t know why I ever doubt it. God called me here 6 years ago. And He continues to provide the way for me to be here. What my exact role and purpose here is, I’m not quite sure yet, but I know that it is here.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I love you snuggles! I know you are supposed to be there too. I could hear it in your voice today. :-) I am so glad you are there.