21 January 2006

2006 and 2nd Semester

Things are just good right now. The past month has been amazing-I don't really know how to explain it. It's not that anything has really been all that different, maybe it's just my attitude in general. I have 22 credits this semester, yet I'm the least stressed I've been in a long time. I feel like God has totally changed my outlook on things and a huge weight has been lifted from me. My mom says you can hear it in my voice, and that I sound so much happier when I have lots to do and am working out (especially when I run). And although this is probably true, I think it's more than that. I have gotten to the point where I just feel completely content with where God has me. It's not that I don't still struggle with lots of things like what am I going to do when I graduate in less than a year, but God has just filled me with such peace and knowing that He is in control of things-I just have to trust Him.

By the end of last semester, I was burned out with school and just exhausted. Overall it had been a pretty good semester, and I felt God had really blessed me with 4 great room mates and taught me a lot. But it was winter break, that He used to just really fill me back up. I finally had time to relax, hangout with some of my best friends, and think a lot about things (excluding school of course). I can't point out a specific day where I feel everything really changed, but somewhere after my last final, things finally clicked. This isn't to say that winter break was all perfect, I had a lot to deal with, think and pray about. But God is amazing, and He is always there. He knows how much we can handle, and when we need a break. He uses people in our lives to challenge and encourage us. I am so thankful for all He has taught me and continues to teach me everyday-growing me closer to Him.

1 comment:

Kyle Wade said...

Erin this is all so good to hear! I do agree with your mom, you seem so much more relaxed. It's a plesent change. Hope this semester treats you well!